Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DM8000 - now they've been out for a bit what are they like??

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DM8000 - now they've been out for a bit what are they like??

HI - This is my first proper post. Its a bit of an open-ended question, but now theyve been out for a bit what are they like....bit of history...

ive got 2x 7025's and a 600 which have served me well, theyre getting a little long in the tooth now and for me the only thing which will fit the bill is the 8000 but its a lot of dosh to lay out, period. This i dont mind as with all the DB's that ive had, they've been ahead of their time. A couple of questions....

can you use them as streamers...i have a pc in the front room with win7 on it for connecting to video library, so does it stream mkvhd, and wmvhd, divx, avi's etc etc - oh and VIDEO_TS folders.....

I might be skimming close to the edge here, im in the uk and wondered if the DVB-C card works....

Anything else which anyone can tell me with regards to new features stuff that it does that the old ones done (HD obviously) - have the images moved on with regards to functionality and features, from when they initially came out...

Really look forward to hearing from anyone that can put their 2 cents in.

Tar

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink dm8000

yes very expensive you can use them to stream different video formats. The dvb c card works but nagra 3 come to virgin so only free channels will work on dvdc on dm8000. a cheaper alt box is vu +duo half the price 95 per cent same hardware 5mhz faster processer same make as dm8000 and you can multiboot dm8000 images on it fastest selling box at momenttwin tuner pvr and vu+duo have hdmi and better picture than dm8000 the images are better just more stuff in them plus vu program from usb in 1 minute
    Last edited by data100; 10-06-2010 at 20:08.
    dreambox7000s+ vu+duo sky plus dm 500s blade 7000 hd 1.2m motor 1m motor 60 cm 30 cm fixed onkyo 707 hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Funny you should say that but i was looking at that also....so it can boot an 8000 image? does it take multiple tuners as thats a show stopper for me....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ah - just looking at it now...looks like it doesnt.....multiple tuners is a must. Does the qbox hd boot 8000 images as that looks like an 8000 box from the pictures of the internals...

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im a old dreamer to , but I find the price for a dm 8000 to HIGH , and the basic techniks in dream are " outdated " some components are not produced any longer so its just a matter on when the last dream 8000 leave the factory .

If you are 100 % sure its a dream you want then go for it , if not take a look on alternative boxes azbox , vu duo and qbox .

Vu can use usb dvb-t and dvb-c tuners , Dreamelite team have just release 1. image with usb dvb tuner support
    I did it my way

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up vu

it has twin tuners and you can use usb dvb c tuner on it and 500 pound cheaper the most important thing is support vu+ got loads qbox never heard
    dreambox7000s+ vu+duo sky plus dm 500s blade 7000 hd 1.2m motor 1m motor 60 cm 30 cm fixed onkyo 707 hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

But no terrestrial - id like to use it for freeview hd as well.....thats why ive kinda always gone for dreamboxes - a bit of a swiss army knife of receivers. I deviated once and bought a triple dragon....the worst move i ever made....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

you can get freeview usb for 20 pound
    for vuo for the extra price two more satalites recievers dreambox 8000 900 pound not me

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah so the VU+ can use external tuners....one of the things that i would like to take advance of the freeview hd service. To be honest ive held off - all of my hd content is on my drobo and is streamed using plain old pc's round the house but, if can do the job of that, my old 7025 and get it all in one box then i dont mind the extra dosh. Taking on board what you are all saying and the VU+ is becoming more and more tempting since the days of the 7000 all of the groups have pretty well stuck with the dreambox platform which has to stand for something. Its not an argumentative stance, more of a devils advocate type of debate, thanks very much for the comments, if you think of anything else please post as ill be monitoring the thread all night....thanks again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

just out of curiosity - is there a specific list of usb tuners that can be used....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast