Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Using Nabilosat Pureflash?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Using Nabilosat Pureflash?

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for some help on how to use Nabilosat's Pureflash with Barry Allen as I'm completely confused about how this works....!

    I'm currently running Nabilosat Blackhole v0.9 on my DM7025. I was advised to get a Compact Flash card and run the image, EPG and Picons all from the CF card as this would speed everything up and run everything more smoothly. I've bought a Compact Flash card but I don't really understand what I have to do to get the whole thing working as I cannot find anything on the web that explains this well and in detail.

    Do I have to flash both the Nabilo Pureflash Barryallen and the Blackhole V0.9 to the DM?
    If so, which do I flash first?
    Do I flash with or without the CF card in the box? (have read conflicting info about this)

    If anyone is running this successfully and could tell me the order in which I need to do things that would be great. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    13,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    21
    Uploads
    7
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Pure flash meen only to flash and NOT in multiboot with Barry Allen .

    The CF card is the storage for images you want to have in multiboot
    I did it my way

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LilleMama View Post
    Pure flash meen only to flash and NOT in multiboot with Barry Allen .

    The CF card is the storage for images you want to have in multiboot
    Thanks LilleMama, but I'm not sure I understand fully.

    Basically I want Blackhole V0.9 running off my CF card.
    If I flash the box with Pureflash, I know it will find my CF card and add files to it. But will this result in Blackhole V0.9 being run on my CF card? Or will I have to flash Blackhole V0.9 seperately after I flash Pureflash?
    I'm not really interested in multiboot as Nabilosat is the only image I'm interested in using because of the integrated sky epg.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @4tothefloor - I'm using the setup you're after on both my DM7025 and DM800 and in both cases it works a treat. This is how it's done:

    1. Install Nabilo PureFlash to the FLASH of the box, with the CF card inserted. Make sure to let the install finish, becouse at the end it will automatically install the Barry Allen plugin. Boot and configure the image (network, settings, etc.). In the Plugins menu, you will see BarryAllen installed.

    2. Use Dreambox Control Center E2 (or any other FTP program) to ftp the BlackHole 0.9 image (in .nfi format) to the /MB_Images directory on the CF card (the directory has been automaticly created by BarryAllen during the installation process).

    3. Boot the PureFlash and go to Menu > Plugins > BarryAllen; There you'll find the option "Wizzard for Images at /MB_images". Select it, then "extract nfi Image from /MB_Images" - select the .nfi image you already sent there at the previous step and confirm installation. Wait untill the installation is done and the box reboots (in PureFlash).

    4. Go to the BarryAllen plugin and click "Wizzard for installed Images" > "select installed Image for booting" > select BlackHole and confirm. The box will power down and boot the image you've installed on CF.
    *note: the BarryAllen screen shown in the boot process will let you choose the image to boot from those installed on CF or the one in flash.

    You may install to the CF as many images as you like (depending on the storage space, of course). Just take care to constantly upgrade the software in the base image (the one in the flash), else you may find trouble when trying to run newer images. If you're really not interested in multiboot and only wish to run BH 0.9 from CF, disregard this and only do the steps as described above.

    It may also prove useful to setup a 64Mb swap partition on your CF card, for smoother running.

    Have Fun!
    Last edited by nWish; 25-05-2009 at 22:47.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nWish View Post
    @4tothefloor - I'm using the setup you're after on both my DM7025 and DM800 and in both cases it works a treat. This is how it's done:

    1. Install Nabilo PureFlash to the FLASH of the box, with the CF card inserted. Make sure to let the install finish, becouse at the end it will automatically install the Barry Allen plugin. Boot and configure the image (network, settings, etc.). In the Plugins menu, you will see BarryAllen installed.

    2. Use Dreambox Control Center E2 (or any other FTP program) to ftp the BlackHole 0.9 image (in .nfi format) to the /MB_Images directory on the CF card (the directory has been automaticly created by BarryAllen during the installation process).

    3. Boot the PureFlash and go to Menu > Plugins > BarryAllen; There you'll find the option "Wizzard for Images at /MB_images". Select it, then "extract nfi Image from /MB_Images" - select the .nfi image you already sent there at the previous step and confirm installation. Wait untill the installation is done and the box reboots (in PureFlash).

    4. Go to the BarryAllen plugin and click "Wizzard for installed Images" > "select installed Image for booting" > select BlackHole and confirm. The box will power down and boot the image you've installed on CF.
    *note: the BarryAllen screen shown in the boot process will let you choose the image to boot from those installed on CF or the one in flash.

    You may install to the CF as many images as you like (depending on the storage space, of course). Just take care to constantly upgrade the software in the base image (the one in the flash), else you may find trouble when trying to run newer images. If you're really not interested in multiboot and only wish to run BH 0.9 from CF, disregard this and only do the steps as described above.

    It may also prove useful to setup a 64Mb swap partition on your CF card, for smoother running.

    Have Fun!
    Cheers nWish, that's exactly what I was looking for, you're a life saver! It's all installed and worked like clock work Seeing as you have this setup already, what are the actual benefits? It was recommended to me, does it make things run much smoother and faster? Before this I've had problems with the box slowing down and also with the picture freezing for 10 seconds or more. I'm hoping this will improve some of these problems

    Quote Originally Posted by nWish View Post
    Just take care to constantly upgrade the software in the base image (the one in the flash), else you may find trouble when trying to run newer images.
    What do I have to do to upgrade/update? Through Software Manager on the DM?

    Quote Originally Posted by nWish View Post
    It may also prove useful to setup a 64Mb swap partition on your CF card, for smoother running.
    Not sure I understand what a swap partition does. The CF I'm using is 4GB. Would the swap partition improve the read performance by reducing the size down? If there's a good step by step guide available I'd give it a go! I'm running the EPG on the CF now as well and will add the Picons later if it continues to run smoothly.


    Thanks also LilleMama. It might be an idea to make those instructions a sticky thread in the tutorial section, would be very helpful for noobs as I wasted hours looking for instructions before finally asking here!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm glad it helped you.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    What do I have to do to upgrade/update? Through Software Manager on the DM?
    Yes, that's it. But remember - perform the updates in the FLASH image, not the ones on the CF.


    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    Not sure I understand what a swap partition does. The CF I'm using is 4GB. Would the swap partition improve the read performance by reducing the size down? If there's a good step by step guide available I'd give it a go! I'm running the EPG on the CF now as well and will add the Picons later if it continues to run smoothly.

    I'm not really sure how it works exactly, but i think it acts like some sort of second ram. Anyway, it enhances DM7025's overall speed and stability, so it's worth setting up. In BlackHole, just push twice the Blue button and you'll find the swap partition manager menu listed. The options are quite intuitive, so i'm sure you will easily manage to set it up.

    Have fun!
    Last edited by nWish; 27-05-2009 at 20:17.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nWish View Post
    I'm glad it helped you.

    Yes, that's it. But remember - perform the updates in the FLASH image, not the ones on the CF.

    I'm not really sure how it works exactly, but i think it acts like some sort of second ram. Anyway, it enhances DM7025's overall speed and stability, so it's worth setting up. In BlackHole, just push twice the Blue button and you'll find the swap partition manager menu listed. The options are quite intuitive, so i'm sure you will easily manage to set it up.

    Have fun!
    Cheers nWish, thanks for all the advice

    This has really improved the performance of the box but unfortunately the freezing problem is still there. Basically the picture keeps freezing on my subscription channels (no problems on free to air channels). I am not card sharing, I have my own legitimate subscription and sky card, which is why this is so frustrating and annoying. Ironically enough when I gave my card to my mate who has a DM600, he tested it on his own box and shared it with me to my box. Neither of us had any problems with freezing.

    Any idea what is causing this? Is it dish misalignment? Is it the LNB? Is it something to do with how the card is read in my box - would it be advisable to edit the cccam config file to read the card faster? Would my wireless home internet have anything to do with it? Would using the internet while watching tv have anything to do with it?

    My set up is:
    DM 7025+
    Sky Installed Dish
    CAM: NewCs_1.65/CCcam_2.0.11
    Internet: Connected to DM by ethernet cable. Modem is wireless

    This is driving me nuts so any help or advice would be much appreciated! I'm tempted at this stage to ask a satellite engineer to have a look at it but this is an expensive option and there is no guarantee that the engineer will even be familiar with the Dreambox setup

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Cheers 4tothefloor

    Well, i would rule out the dish misalignment, faulty LNB and all the others since it all worked fine for you when the card was in your friend's DM600. Considering this, the problem is either a faulty cardreader or it has to do with the emu setup (configs).
    Unfortunately i'm not experienced enough to help you out with the configs, but you might try the following alternatives:

    - use the exact config files that worked on your friend's DM600;
    - try different combinations of NewCS/CCcam versions;
    - try using an external card reader - either serial or USB (Phoenix or Smargo, i think).
    - try a different image (Newnigma2 v2.4 is a good one - since you already have a multiboot setup, you can just install it on CF just as you did with BlackHole, and boot any one of them).

    Hope you sort it out somehow eventually.

    Have fun!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nWish View Post
    Cheers 4tothefloor

    Well, i would rule out the dish misalignment, faulty LNB and all the others since it all worked fine for you when the card was in your friend's DM600. Considering this, the problem is either a faulty cardreader or it has to do with the emu setup (configs).
    Unfortunately i'm not experienced enough to help you out with the configs, but you might try the following alternatives:

    - use the exact config files that worked on your friend's DM600;
    - try different combinations of NewCS/CCcam versions;
    - try using an external card reader - either serial or USB (Phoenix or Smargo, i think).
    - try a different image (Newnigma2 v2.4 is a good one - since you already have a multiboot setup, you can just install it on CF just as you did with BlackHole, and boot any one of them).

    Hope you sort it out somehow eventually.

    Have fun!
    Will try all of these, and was planning on getting a smargo reader anyway to prepare for the white sky cards. Failing that I'll send the box back as it's only a few months old.

    Thanks again for the advice

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hehe - i've also tried some time ago to get rid of my 7025, just to raise the money for an 800... i even had it put up for sale on the net, found a buyer, settled the price and... he changed his mind on the last minute and i got stuck with it. And boy am i glad it turned out this way, becouse i managed to get the 800 and still keep my 7025 .
    It's such a wonderful piece of kit, so my advice for you would be to keep it, unless you're planning to get a DM800 HD instead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •