Welcome to LIGHT Forum.......The place to be.......Enjoy your stay and have fun ....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up a satellite dish using an Android phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a satellite dish using an Android phone

Setting up a satellite dish using an Android phone

A well-set satellite dish guarantees correct reception from all transponders at any time of the year. However, the setting itself is not everything. Important is the lack of obstacles on the satellite section - antenna, most often these are trees, other buildings. The size of the plate itself also matters. Popular 0.6-0.7m offset antennas are the minimum, but this is not the optimal size. I prefer definitely 90cm. Also, the antenna mount must be stable so that it does not change its position during strong winds.

Probably all digital tuners have appropriate indicators, usually two - one shows the signal level and the other shows quality. If our satellite tuner is based on the Enigma2 environment, e.g. Gigablue, Dreambox, older reworked nBoxy, has access to LAN and internet, it is with an Android smartphone and a small application we can set the satellite dish plate exactly.
    DMSatFinder

A small application, available free of charge in the Google Play store DMSatFinder allows stress-free antenna placement. The idea of ​​using Piotrek in the commentary to Smartphone, Android and Gigablue, or cell as a pilot controlling the tuner. In order to fulfill its task, an android phone must have access to the tuner through a LAN (most commonly WiFi) or WAN (required port forwarding on the tuner in the router). Of course, the tuner itself must also be plugged into the network. The application launched immediately after installation looks like this:

To start work, you need to configure the connection - we are interested in the key icon in the upper right corner of the screen:

If the password was not set to the root user in the tuner, we did not change the port, it is enough to enter only the IP. After returning to the main screen, simply press the START button and you can set it by watching the signal level indicator:
    obrazki html
    How to set the antenna well

I start my work by setting the channel on the weakest transponder on the receiver - I will get a good setting for the whole satellite. By setting the satellite dish in a new place, whenever possible, I pattern myself on other plates. If it is not there, I set the plate perpendicular to the ground and slightly raise it up (a few degrees), set the converter so that the socket for the F connector is perfectly positioned down. I turn the screws up and down enough to make the antenna stable, and the cybomas turned so that the left-right plate could be set with a slight resistance. I turn the antenna set to the south - preferably about 5mm, I wait a moment and if there is no effect, I turn on until the maximum value of the signal is set. Then I finally twisted the cybanta - alternately left and right nuts - so that the antenna did not move. Then tune in changing the position up-down, here I also make very small movements - after getting the maximum value I turn the screws eventually. You can also check whether gently turning the converter to the left or right will improve the signal.

The right size of the plate, stable fastening and a good setting - snow, wind and rain installation will not be dangerous. And one more thing - you do not have to put a bag on the converter
Working...
X