Welcome to LIGHT Forum.......The place to be.......Enjoy your stay and have fun ....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM 1.8 and Network streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM 1.8 and Network streaming

When streaming from my win7 server to the Azbox, using PM1.8 mapped drive parameter I keep getting disconnected...the movie will play for a random amount of time of a few seconds to a few minutes before disconnecting..if I then try to access the servers mapped drive again it appears to have disconnected... It works fine if I browse my network and manually stream from the server but just not when using PM's auto drive mapping feature...any ideas ?
    Azbox Prem + streaming 15Mbit/s HD movies ---- Openbox S9 ---- Dm500s streaming over internet to iPhone with channel changing starting to enjoy this sat lark

Yes, some FW has a problem with it... Try 4890 original...

Comment

just one more clitch to add to the list...I upgraded to 5020 and the problem went away but 5020 was so buggy that I had to role it back to 4980KGD, initially the streaming disconnections disappeared but then they came back, it seems to have a mind of its own! ...I like 4980KGD as it has all the speed tweaks....it works fine when I manually map it through the network option so I might just stick with this and live with another "clitch in the firmware"

cheers for the update

Originally posted by gorski View Post
      Yes, some FW has a problem with it... Try 4890 original...
      Azbox Prem + streaming 15Mbit/s HD movies ---- Openbox S9 ---- Dm500s streaming over internet to iPhone with channel changing starting to enjoy this sat lark

Comment

Btw, I have the problem now, too - with Network - in terms of getting anywhere, really... It can't see anything in my PCs...

I put E2 for a few hours, then back to original FW, again new E2 the next night, and back to...

So, it's all messed up now... Only PM 1.8 + NAS works!

That's NFS, not CIFS! Works really well!

Comment

Btw, I have the problem now, too - with Network - in terms of getting anywhere, really... It can't see anything in my PCs...

I put E2 for a few hours, then back to original FW, again new E2 the next night, and back to...

So, it's all messed up now... Only PM 1.8 + NAS works!

That's NFS, not CIFS! Works really well!
          gorski is works fine if you just navigate to it via network browse...I have set up a very simple read only password and username for access, so that it's very quick on the RCU to key it in....it's a work around but at least I can still stream my movies

Comment

Mine doesn't see anything inside, once I put the username & pass in, sadly...

I know very well what you are saying but occasionally...

Hence "AZbug HD"...

Comment

Just when I'm starting to enjoy this box and things are going well it invents a new bug or fault.....have you ever been tempted to buy the VU+ Duo ? It looks great but i'm not sure the media player is as good :s

Mine doesn't see anything inside, once I put the username & pass in, sadly...

I know very well what you are saying but occasionally...

Hence "AZbug HD"...

Comment

Yes but Vu+ Duo/Uno is/are still being developed, when it comes to Multimedia side of things - drivers in particular. So, not "it" from that point of view...

Also, no 1080p, blindscan and so on...

On the other hand, it can record 4 HD channels while watching a fifth one... CS is flawless, I hear. Some limitations with some plugins, though...

But AZbox HD is now being worked on, re. E2, which is taxing the CPU considerably less, we hear... So, if they do the drivers really well...

Wait and see...

Comment

Working...
                X